Table of Contents
Your Blendjet portable blender not working even when charged can be frustrating. This innovative blender is designed to be convenient, portable, and easy to use. However, technical issues can arise with any electrical device.
When your Blendjet is charged but still not working, there are some troubleshooting tips you can try before contacting customer service or assuming your blender needs replacing. This article will provide an in-depth overview of common Blendjet problems, reasons why it may not work even when charged, and actionable solutions to try at home.
Before diving into troubleshooting, let’s review what the Blendjet is and how it works. This will provide context for the charging and functionality issues we’ll cover.
The Blendjet is a popular portable blender launched in 2018 through a successful Kickstarter campaign. It’s lightweight, compact size and USB rechargeable battery makes it easy to blend smoothies, protein shakes, and other drinks on-the-go.
Key Features and Parts:
- 20 oz capacity blending jar
- Powerful motor base with stainless steel blades
- USB rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Single power button for operation
- Battery power indicator light
To use the Blendjet, you simply add ingredients to the jar, secure the lid, and place it onto the motor base. Hold down the power button to activate one of two blending modes: Blend or Pulse. The battery indicator light around the power button shows the charge level.
A full 2 hour charge via USB powers the motor for 30 blended cycles or 90 pulse cycles. This enables incredible portability and convenience.
Why Your Blendjet May Not Work Even When Charged
If you’ve charged your Blendjet blender as instructed, why might it still fail to power on and blend? There are a few possible reasons:
- Faulty battery not holding a charge
- Overcharged battery needs replacing
- Old battery reaching end of lifespan
Electrical and Power Problems
- Damaged USB charging port
- Faulty power button
- Electrical failure or connection issues
- Blocked blender blades
- Damaged blending jar or lid
Usage and Care Issues
- Dirty blender needs thorough cleaning
- Improperly attached blending jar
The majority of “charged but not working” issues stem from either deteriorating batteries or repairable electrical and mechanical problems. Let’s explore these issues further.
Key Problems Preventing Use When Charged
While a completely dead battery can prevent operation, there are other common issues that stop the Blendjet from working even when showing a partial charge.
Damaged or Blocked Blender Blades
The two razor-sharp stainless steel blades at the base of the Blendjet jar spin at high speeds to pulverize ingredients into smooth drinks. If these blades become damaged or blocked, your fully charged Blendjet will fail to operate.
What causes blocked or damaged blades?
- Frozen ingredients and ice can temporarily restrict movement
- Fruit seeds, food debris, and fibrous material caught in blades
- Hard items like ice can chip or dull metal over time
If a blending cycle begins but the jar fails to spin as ingredients remain chunky – blocked blades are likely preventing normal mechanical function.
- Avoid overly hard frozen items and remove seeds/pits from produce
- Carefully clean blades to remove stuck particles after each use
- Shake blender with some water and soap to help dislodge debris
- Contact Blendjet if blades seem bent or seriously damaged
Vigilant cleaning and proper usage will maximize the lifespan of your razor blades.
Electrical and Charging Malfunctions
Even with charged batteries, issues with electrical systems can cause failure. This includes damaged USB ports, faulty power buttons, worn out batteries not holding a charge, and loose wire connections.
Common electrical/charging issues include:
- Blender completely dead and won’t turn on
- Buttons non-responsive or only work intermittently
- Battery won’t hold charge for full cycles
- Strange noises or smells from electrical components
- Battery indicator light flashing strangely or off
If shaking ingredients fails to activate the motion sensor that revs up the blades – an electrical problem is preventing normal function.
- Carefully inspect charger, buttons, lights for any damage
- Try different outlets and USB ports
- Ensure base is properly aligned with instructions
- Contact Blendjet Support for troubleshooting guides
With portable blenders, batteries and charging systems experience significant wear and tear. Being a Kickstarter product, quality control and component durability issues impacted earlier models. Contacting customer service promptly when electrical issues arise can prevent further damage.
Improper Alignment and Connection
While it may seem obvious, one of the simplest reasons your charged Blendjet doesn’t work is the blending jar failing to properly connect and align with the base. But many users still encounter this issue.
What causes connection problems?
- Not fully seating jar flat on base
- Off-center alignment of blades on base
- Using third party components that don’t fit right
- Obstructing or interfering with jar/base contact
Without the power button properly aligned and jars fully connected, electrical systems can’t activate the blades for blending.
- Inspect bottom of jar and motor base for any obstructions
- Align the white Pulse/Blend arrow on the lid with the power button
- Check for damage to the electrical pins that transfer power
- Apply firm even pressure placing the jar on the base
Double checking everything is positioned correctly can resolve many instances of charged Blendjets failing to turn on and operate when buttons are pressed.
Outdated or Damaged Batteries
Like all lithium ion batteries, the USB rechargeable power source inside Blendjet bases has a limited lifespan. Excessive use, improper charging, manufacturing defects, and normal wear and tear can cause reduced battery capacity and operational failure over 1-3 years of regular use.
Symptoms like the Blendjet failing to activate despite over an hour on the charger signal the battery may need replacing. Batteries slowly lose the ability to hold full charges. They require longer charge times for fewer usages before eventually failing.
Battery problems are indicated by:
- Shortened blending cycles per charge
- Longer charge times for normal cycles
- Fully charged but only blinks once then stops
- Battery lights error codes (blinking red)
- Try resetting battery by draining fully then long recharge
- Experiment charging from different USB power sources
- Request replacement batteries from Blendjet Support
- Purchase affordable third party replacements
While the Blendjet battery may last 2-3 years with regular use, components gradually wear down. Purchasing affordable replacement batteries can restore normal function rather than buying whole new blenders.
Blendjet Charging Tips and Solutions
Proper charging is essential for keeping your Blendjet battery powered and operational. Follow these best practice charging tips:
- Use only included Blendjet USB charging cable and 5V power adapters rated for 1 Amp output minimum. Lower power USB ports can fail to charge properly.
- When possible, avoid charging from laptop/computer USB ports as power flow can be inconsistent. Use wall outlet adapters.
- Don’t leave charging for more than 2 hours maximum or batteries may become overcharged and damaged.
- Let batteries fully drain through cycles once a month before doing a full recharge to maximize lifespan.
- Switch between a few different USB ports/adapters to identify any faulty equipment.
- Inspect charging cables, ports, pins regularly for damage that prevents charging.
Adhering to usage guidelines and not overcharging the lithium battery will maximize operational lifespan. But degradation is inevitable after hundreds of uses. Purchasing affordable replacement Blendjet batteries can restore function when charging fails to revive an outdated battery.
Blendjet Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
Vigilant cleaning is required to keep your Blendjet operating smoothly. Fruit particles, sticky smoothie residue, and debris easily build up. Thorough cleaning after each use prevents declining performance.
Follow these best practices:
- Rinse blender parts immediately after using to avoid residue drying on
- Avoid submerging the electrical base in water
- Use a couple drops of dish soap and warm water in the jar, cover and shake vigorously
- Remove lid components and clean hard to reach crevices
- Dislodge particles stuck near blade assembly without touching sharp edges
- Rinse and air dry all parts fully before reassembling
Additionally, inspect all parts regularly for any cracks or damage that require replacement. Catching leaking lids or compromised structural integrity early prevents safety hazards.
Only operate the device as intended, avoiding these risks:
- Never blend hot liquids or ingredients that can damage plastic
- Don’t overfill blender jar beyond max fill lines
- Don’t run blender empty which can wear out mechanical parts faster
Remaining vigilant with usage and cleaning best practices will maximize the operational lifespan of your Blendjet.
Troubleshooting Your Blendjet: Steps to Try at Home
Before assuming your Blendjet needs extensive repairs or replacing, there are ways to troubleshoot issues at home. Follow this sequence of practical troubleshooting steps.
#1. Try Charging It Fully
Plug the USB charging cable into a reliable high output power source. Allow it to charge for the full recommended duration without interruption. This may revive an exhausted or deeply drained battery.
#2. Inspect All Parts for Damage
Disassemble the blender and inspect key components like the jar, lid, blades, base charging pins, power button, and lights for any visible damage. Assess if certain parts may be causing failure.
#3. Clean Any Visible Debris/Particles
Refer to cleaning best practices above. Use warm soapy water and vigorous shaking to clear any stuck particles that may obstruct blade function. Rinse fully before reassembling.
#4. Realign Jars and Connection Points
Ensure proper assembly so electrical contacts fully engage when powered on. Press jars firmly onto base and check blender activates.
#5. Reset Electrical Components
With base unplugged, press and hold power button for 20+ seconds to discharge any residual electricity, then follow recharging steps. This may clear any glitches.
#6. Test Different Power Sources
Try charging and using blender with different USB power adapters, cords, outlets, ports. Note inconsistencies that indicate faults.
#7. Contact Blendjet Support
If home troubleshooting fails to resolve problems, contact Blendjet Support through website chat or emails with a video showing the issue. Support specialists can diagnose further and send replacement parts if needed.
Following these ordered steps methodically rules out simple issues first before trying extensive repairs.
Common Blendjet Blender Problems and Quick Fixes
Here are some of the most frequent technical issues Blendjet owners report:
Problem: Blender worked before but now completely unresponsive even when charged fully.
- Hard reset by pressing power 10+ seconds
- Clean battery contacts
- Try different USB power cables/outlets
- Request replacement battery if reset fails
Problem: Blendjet charges but only runs briefly then stops.
- Fully drain then recharge battery
- Check blender parts for alignment
- Replace outdated battery
Problem: Loud grinding noises and leaking coming from blender.
- Immediately stop using
- Discontinue use if blades damaged
- Request replacement parts
Problem: Blendjet charged fully but flashing red light around button.
- Battery or electrical error
- Consult troubleshooting guide
- Contact support for diagnostics
Note any specific error behaviors and check user manuals to identify the most likely causes before attempting repairs.
Getting Blendjet Support for Troubleshooting and Repairs
If you’ve tried comprehensive at home troubleshooting to no avail, contact Blendjet Support directly through these channels:
By Email: [email protected]
Through Website Chat Box: Available weekdays during business hours
By Phone: 1-888-254-0251
Have your blender model number ready along with purchase date and video showing the issue. Their customer service team aims for 24-48 hour response times to diagnose problems and ship replacement parts, which are affordably priced.
Warranty coverage varies by retailer ranging from 1-2 years on motor bases and 90 days to a year on blending jars. Review terms and documentation to determine if your issue qualifies under warranty or if affordable out of warranty repairs are required.
Preventing Blendjet Issues: Usage and Care Tips
While technical issues generally require professional troubleshooting, you can practice preventative care through proper usage and maintenance.
To maximize your Blendjet blender’s lifespan:
- Clean thoroughly after every single use without exception
- Fully air dry all parts before storage or reassembly
- Avoid overfilling blender jar past maximum lines
- Don’t blend excessively hard ingredients like ice or frozen fruit
- Store blender base and jar separately in secure spaces
- Never submerge or use abrasive cleaners on electrical base
- Only recharge for prescribed duration before unplugging
- Inspect key parts routinely for any wear, cracks, or damage
Following intuitive care, cleaning, charging, and usage best practices goes a long way towards extending the operational lifespan of your Blendjet. But contacting customer support at the first sign of issues can help diagnose and resolve problems early on as well.
Conclusion: Reviving Your Blendjet When Charged But Not Working
While the innovative Blendjet offers incredible portability and convenience for blending nutritious drinks anywhere, ongoing charging and mechanical issues can develop often stemming from failing batteries.
Carefully troubleshooting why your Blendjet won’t work even when seemingly charged requires methodically assessing blocked blades, battery problems, loose connections, worn out parts, and debris buildup. Attempt compressor cleaning and realignment before assuming expensive repairs are necessary.
If issues persist despite your best efforts, don’t hesitate reaching out to Blendjet’s responsive support team or ordering affordable replacement parts yourself to restore function. Their batteries and components restore peak performance at a fraction of total blender costs.
Consistently adhering to cleaning procedures after each use, proper charging habits, gently handling components, and storage best practices greatly extends the operational lifespan of these innovative portable blenders. But given the heavy-duty functioning with fruit fibers, ice, sticky smoothie residues, and daily wear and tear, problems naturally develop over 1-3 years of use.
Use these comprehensive troubleshooting tips to get your “charged but not working” Blendjet reliably blending smoothies anywhere life takes you for years to come!
FAQs: Troubleshooting Blendjet Charging Issues
Why does my Blendjet have power but won’t blend even when fully charged?
If the buttons light up but blades fail to activate when containing ingredients, likely explanations are blocked blades from sticky residue or debris stuck. Unplug then thoroughly clean the blending assembly. Or electrical issues prevent connection to blades, requiring professional diagnosis of charging system.
What should I do if the Blendjet won’t charge or power on at all?
Start with inspecting the charging port and cables for any debris/damage, use different outlets to test, and press buttons repeatedly to check for responsiveness. If still completely unresponsive, contact Blendjet Support to replace potential electrical failures or expired batteries.
Why does my Blendjet keep showing low battery even after multiple charges?
Consistently fast drainage after full charges usually indicates a battery reaching operational lifespan limits after 1-3 years of use. Order affordable replacement batteries from Blendjet or third parties with exact specifications rather than replacing the whole blender.
How can I get replacement Blendjet parts if my blender fails out of warranty?
Visit the official Blendjet website which conveniently sells all replacement parts from batteries and charging cables to blender jars and full motor bases. Prices are reasonable even when warranty expires. Watch tutorial videos showing step-by-step repairs.
My Blendjet charging light just blinks red when plugged in – what does this mean?
A flashing red standby light typically signals the battery needs replacing soon. But first, attempt to fully drain then recharge the battery to see if normal function continues reliably. Discontinue use if electrical smells, noises or overheating occurs.
Can I prevent my Blendjet battery from wearing out prematurely?
Only use the Blendjet USB charging cable with appropriate output adapters, alternating power sources monthly. Discontinue charging after 2 hours max to avoid overcharging damage. Fully drain batteries monthly before recharging fully to maximize chemical capacity. Replace batteries showing declined lifespan yearly.