Toyota’s suite of mobile apps, including the Toyota App and Toyota Remote Connect, allow drivers to control their vehicle remotely using a smartphone. However, sometimes these apps stop working properly due to bugs, connectivity issues, or device incompatibility. This comprehensive guide will walk through the most common Toyota app problems and provide troubleshooting steps and solutions to get them working again.
Overview of Toyota’s Mobile Apps Working Properly
Toyota offers several mobile apps to enhance the driver experience and allow remote access to certain vehicle features and services. Here’s a quick rundown of Toyota’s main apps:
The Toyota App provides services like remote start/stop, door lock/unlock, guest driver monitoring, service reminders, and more. It connects to your Toyota vehicle using a mobile data connection and is available for both iOS and Android.
Toyota Remote Connect
Toyota Remote Connect gives you remote control over lock/unlock doors, start/stop engine, status alerts, guest driver monitoring, and more. It requires an active Remote Connect subscription and connects through an AT&T cellular signal.
Entune App Suite
The Entune App Suite includes apps like Bing, Pandora, Slacker Radio, MovieTickets.com, and more. It provides entertainment, information, and convenience services in your Toyota vehicle.
There are various other Toyota apps like the Toyota Owners App, Toyota Service App, etc. which provide maintenance info, recalls, service history, and other resources for Toyota owners.
Common Bug: Toyota App Not Working
When Toyota’s apps stop functioning correctly, some common issues include:
- App crashing or freezing repeatedly
- Unable to login or access app features
- App lagging or unresponsive
- Connection errors or app not syncing with vehicle
- Features like remote start/stop not working
- Error messages appearing in the app
- Outdated app with buggy performance
- Compatibility problems with device OS or model
These problems typically arise from bugs, network/server errors, software conflicts, or incorrect app configuration. Without proper troubleshooting, Toyota app problems can persist and prevent you from using their convenient features.
Fix and Troubleshooting Tips for Toyota App Issues
If you’re facing problems with Toyota apps on your iPhone, Android, or other devices, try these troubleshooting steps:
Update the App
An outdated app version can be the source of Toyota app crashes, bugs, and performance issues. Update to the latest app version from the App Store or Google Play Store to see if that resolves any problems.
Check Internet Connection
Stable internet connectivity is required for Toyota apps to sync with your vehicle. Reset network settings on your phone, connect to a different WiFi network, or switch to mobile data if the app has connectivity problems.
Restart Your Phone
Sometimes app issues are temporary glitches that can be fixed by restarting your smartphone. Shut down your device completely, wait 30 seconds, and restart it to refresh the operating system. Then check if the Toyota app works properly.
Reinstall the Toyota App
If your Toyota app frequently crashes, freezes, or displays errors, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This will clear any corrupt cached data that could be causing conflicts. Download the latest version after deleting the app.
Contact Toyota Support
For persistent Toyota Remote Connect or Entune App Suite issues, you may need to contact Toyota’s tech support team and provide details about the problem. They can investigate server/network causes and may have specialized troubleshooting tips.
Add Emergency Contacts
The Toyota App requires assigned emergency contacts before certain features are enabled. Make sure you have added emergency contacts in the app’s settings which could resolve restricted functionality.
Allow App Permissions
On Android devices, you may have to manually enable permissions for device features like Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, etc. Grant required app permissions if Toyota apps can’t access certain smartphone capabilities.
Disable Battery Optimization
To ensure smooth performance, you may need to disable battery optimization or auto-close of Toyota apps in your device settings. This prevents background processes from being shut off.
Unpair and Re-pair Bluetooth
For connectivity issues between your phone and vehicle, unpair the Bluetooth connection through your car infotainment system. Then re-pair your phone to the system and check if Toyota app sync works correctly.
Log Out and Log Back In
Sometimes Toyota apps get stuck while trying to load user profiles and settings. Log out completely from the app, force close it, then log back in to reload your profile information afresh.
Delete and Reinstall Connected Services
In some cases, you may need to delete vehicle connected services from your Entune App Suite profile, then reinstall them. This can resolve account syncing errors with your Toyota vehicle.
Reset App Preferences
Resetting the Toyota App to default settings can fix unexpected crashes or operational problems. In the app, go to Settings > Advanced > Reset App to erase cached data and refresh settings.
Update Vehicle Software
Buggy vehicle software and old firmware versions can disrupt communication between Toyota apps and your car. Have your Toyota dealer check and install the latest software update for your model to fix connectivity issues.
Toggle Airplane Mode
As a quick fix for connection errors, turn on Airplane Mode for a few minutes to disconnect all wireless signals. Then turn it off to reboot your device’s radios and reconnect the Toyota app properly.
Detailed Troubleshooting and Update for Toyota App Issues
To provide more detailed troubleshooting advice, here are solutions for some of the most common Toyota app problems that users report:
Toyota App Crashing or Freezing Repeatedly
- Update App – An outdated version could be buggy. Install app updates.
- Restart Device – Reboot your smartphone to refresh processes.
- Reinstall App – Delete and reinstall the app to clear corrupt data.
- Free Up Storage – Lack of storage space can affect performance. Delete unused files/apps.
- Reset App – Reset app preferences to default settings.
Can’t Login to Toyota App
- Check username/password – Reset password if forgotten. Contact support if login still fails.
- Reinstall App – Wipe app data and cache by uninstalling and reinstalling.
- Connect on Different Network – Try switching between WiFi and mobile data.
- Allow Permissions – Enable app permissions for Contacts, Location, etc.
- Update Entune Apps – Refresh Entune profile by updating bundled apps.
App Not Connecting or Syncing With Vehicle
- Check Bluetooth – Unpair and re-pair Bluetooth on your phone and vehicle.
- Restart Phone and Vehicle – Reboot both devices to refresh connections.
- Service Vehicle – Get vehicle’s telematics control unit diagnosed by dealer.
- Change Wireless Connection – Switch from WiFi to cellular or vice versa.
- Vehicle Software Update – Install latest firmware for your Toyota model.
Remote Start or Access Not Working
- Add Emergency Contacts – The Toyota App requires you to add emergency contacts first.
- Check Subscription – Remote Connect requires an active paid subscription after trial period.
- Reinstall Connected Services – Delete and reinstall Entune connected services profile.
- Vehicle Within Range – Remote features only work within a certain range of the vehicle.
- Disable Battery Optimization – Prevent OS from closing Toyota App background processes.
App Lagging, Freezing, or Unresponsive
- Force Close and Reopen – Close app completely and relaunch.
- Update App and OS – Install latest Toyota app and device OS version.
- Restart Device – Power cycle your smartphone.
- Free Up Storage Space – Delete unused apps and files taking up memory.
- Reset App to Default – Erase cached data and settings.
Error Messages Appearing in Toyota App
- Note down error codes and messages. Contact Toyota support with details to diagnose causes.
- Update App – Install newest app version.
- Reinstall App – Wipe app data by uninstalling and downloading again.
- Switch Wireless Network – Change WiFi or cellular connection.
- Vehicle Software Update – Get latest firmware installed by dealer.
App Doesn’t Work After OS Update
- Update Toyota App – Install new app version compatible with updated OS.
- Reinstall Toyota App – Delete existing install and freshly reinstall app.
- Restart Device – Reboot smartphone to clear any software issues.
- Reset App – Return app to default settings.
- Report to Toyota – Provide details to Toyota developers about app-OS incompatibility.
Toyota’s suite of mobile apps provide added convenience and connectivity when they are working properly. However, Toyota app glitches can prevent you from remote starting your car, locking doors, finding parking, or accessing other great features. By following the comprehensive troubleshooting guide above, you can get Toyota’s apps back up and running smoothly.
The key is to keep apps updated, maintain stable network connections, reinstall apps if needed, and contact Toyota support if problems recur. With some guided trial-and-error, you can get rid of annoying Toyota app errors, lag, crashes, and connectivity issues. Just be patient and methodically work through these app troubleshooting steps until normal app functionality is restored.
FAQs: Troubleshooting and Fixing Toyota App Issues
Why does the Toyota app keep crashing or freezing on my iPhone?
There are a few possible reasons for Toyota app crashes on iPhone: outdated iOS version, corrupt app data, insufficient storage space, software conflicts after an iOS update, or simply a buggy app version. Try updating iOS, restarting your iPhone, deleting and reinstalling the Toyota app, freeing up storage space, or contacting Toyota support if crashes persist.
How can I fix Toyota Remote Connect login problems on my Android device?
If Remote Connect fails to login on Android, reset your app by clearing data and cache, reinstall the latest version, allow required app permissions in Android settings, connect to a different WiFi or cellular network, or contact Toyota support if login still doesn’t work.
What should I do if my Toyota app has connectivity issues and won’t sync with the vehicle?
connectivity problems arise when the app can’t communicate properly with your vehicle. Solutions include checking your internet connection, restarting the phone and vehicle, re-pairing Bluetooth, updating vehicle software, toggling Airplane mode on/off, or asking Toyota support to diagnose vehicle telematics issues.
Why is my Toyota app stuck loading or continuously lagging?
An unresponsive, lagging Toyota app is often caused by outdated software, insufficient device memory, too many background processes running, or bugs. Try updating the app/OS, closing background apps, restarting your phone, resetting app data, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app to fix lag or loading issues.
How can I troubleshoot Toyota app errors and error code messages?
Note down the exact error codes/messages appearing in the Toyota app, along with reproduction steps. Contact Toyota’s customer support team and provide these details so they can diagnose the specific issue based on the error information.
Why did my Toyota app stop working properly after an Android or iOS update?
Major mobile OS updates can sometimes introduce compatibility issues with older app versions. Install the latest Toyota app update that supports the new OS version. Reinstalling the app can also resolve post-update problems.
How do I fix Bluetooth connection issues between my phone and Toyota vehicle?
For Bluetooth problems, first try toggling Bluetooth OFF and ON in your smartphone settings and vehicle infotainment system. Then unpair and forget the Bluetooth connection in both devices. Re-pair your phone to the vehicle system. This resets the Bluetooth connection and resolves many sync issues.
Why is the Toyota app not allowing remote start or other remote access features?
Check that you’ve added required emergency contacts in the Toyota app settings. Remote Connect remote access requires an active paid subscription. You may also need to reinstall connected services in the Entune profile. The vehicle must be within range for remote features to work.
How can I troubleshoot battery or data usage issues with Toyota apps?
Frequent app crashes or lag can arise if Toyota apps are being force closed or battery optimized by your device OS, preventing them from running properly in the background. Disable battery optimization and auto-close of the Toyota app in your smartphone’s settings.
What should I do if the Toyota app has login problems or doesn’t work after reinstalling?
If login issues persist after a reinstall, contact Toyota support – there could be a problem on the server-side. Provide details about your vehicle, app version, smartphone OS and model, and outline the issues you’re facing. The Toyota team can then diagnose and resolve the app malfunction.